Please note: the classroom for this course is now full. But no worries, it will reopen in a few months. Sign up to the waiting list to be notified in advance, before the registration reopens again.
Who wants to establish a strong daily art routine that's mindful and fits busy lifes?
Is it you? Well then, my sweetness, welcome! You are in the right place, because I am going to get you into making art daily. I will guide you so creating art will become effortless, intuitive and pleasant - just like eating a doughnut, but add guilt-free and good for your body and soul to it.
Are you one of those who purchases online courses and never finishes them?
You enter the classroom, look through the content and have no idea where to start?
Or maybe you start, but then life gets in your way, the projects overwhelm you, your inner critic is shouting “what’s the point even?!” and you end up flopping on a sofa in front of a telly? Let me show you how to change that.
Perhaps you feel guilty about it because the whole world around you (well, at least those people on Instagram or Facebook) seem to be having the time of their life, everyone is producing massive amounts of fabulous artwork. And you want to be there too, you want to have something that’s yours and unique. Let me show you how to get there.
I know how it feels! Since 2011 I went through a storm with my daily art practice - demanding jobs, moving houses and countries, renovations, wedding, pregnancy, having a baby all while at the same time searching for my real identity and trying to find and express myself through different outlets. Having a daily art routine is what taught me who I am and there’s no way that I’m going to let go off it. Today I want to show you the way that I found myself through art journaling.
Let this course be your new, fresh start, let’s erase all that guilt from the past. I want you to take this chance and receive the self-care you really deserve. Let this be the course that you start and finish, something that you can feel good about and something that brings you that step closer to being the artist you always aspired to.
I’m giving you a roadmap to your consistent daily art journaling routine. A roadmap that is taking your busy life into account, that is built out of small segments that are manageable and easy to complete.
You will discover mindfulness through art using little steps that will make you feel good about yourself and your art. No more sofa procrastination (though we don’t have to completely exclude it from our lives, do we?). No more paints that dry up and never get used. No more unfinished courses. No more “where do I start” and "this is not good enough" moments.
Here is the Day by Day course - a result of my 8 years long journey through daily art journaling. It’s like my very intimate diary in which I’m sharing a good deal of what I have learnt over that time period. And all of it can be used by you to establish your daily art routine that’s not only beneficial for your style but also for your heart and soul. This is self-care at its best.
The course is 15 days, but you get life-long access to all its content
During these I will be sharing:
- 14 video podcasts/vlogs with all the self-discovery lessons that I’ve learnt along the way.
Through these you will finally get on good terms with your inner critic, you will learn how to allow yourself and then find time for daily art in your busy life (without guilt and without big sacrifices). You will start including mindfulness into your art practice. You will create the most wonderful space for making art no matter the size of your house. You are going to find out what to do when others criticize your art and practice. You will find all the elements that can build your own unique style + why and how you should let them transform. (scroll down to the curriculum for all the subject that I'll be talking about on this course)
- Exercises to stimulate your creativity.
You will start looking at things around you in a different way, through artist’s eyes. You will learn how to find inspiration everywhere (yeah, I know it sounds cliché, but you really will).
- Printable workbook hand-drawn by me.
Page by page you will be digging deeper into the subjects that we will be talking about. It will literally take you minutes to fill it in, but will make the self-discovery feel fun and easy.
- Carefully selected prompts paired with guidelines which will make your hands itching to paint.
The art journal pages that you’ll be making during this course are going to be all about you.
- Insights into my intuitive process of art journaling, because I will be working with the prompts too.
This is not about step by steps (though you are entirely free to copy what I do if you wish) but about giving you an intense boost of inspiration that will get you working immediately.
- Three live sessions (on day 6, 11 and 15) during which we will be talking about things like: how we can make our art journaling mindful, about the compositional elements that will take your pages to the next level, about how to intuitively choose colours for your artwork, how to continue your practice after the course is finished and I'll demonstrate a few exercises to loosen up + a Q&A.
- Additional (and totally optional!) access to a closed Facebook group in which you’ll have my full attention for the 15 days of this course.
I’ll be there to answer all the questions that you may have, to give you special support, motivation and honest feedback (if you ask for it). No worries if you are not on Facebook, there’s a comments section within the classroom too, so we can have a chat there!
But that's not all. I couldn't help myself and had to include some BONUSES to shower you in inspiration and make the process more joyful:
- a video from a cooperation with Finnabair on day 10. You’ll get to see what it REALLY looks like when two creatives work on the same piece.
- interview with Naked Carly (Carly Swenson) on day 4, who ambitiously decided to art journal every day in 2014. You'll find out how did it all work out for her.
- my video step by step tutorial on how to build a messy (but cute!) handmade book for your daily art journaling (if you have time that is of course!)
- a super useful #DaybyDayTracker that'll help you stay motivated and organised
All the content for this course has been carefully selected and put together so it doesn’t take up much of your time and is absolutely possible to complete even if you have a very busy life. You won’t get bombarded with things to do, the journey is going to be gentle but full.
The classroom is now closed. Join the waiting list to be notified when the registration opens:
Now you may be asking yourself a question whether this course is for you. Do you really need to do art daily? And what will this teach you what you can't find on YouTube or work out yourself?
I'd say the first thing to ask yourself is this question: Would you like the artmaking play a bigger part in your life? Do you want it to be "your thing" and do you want to say proudly "yes, I am an artist!"? If not, then this is not for you. If yes, then you are in the right place.
Here I am giving you a plateful of lessons that I have learnt over the years of my daily art practice. And I had many highs and lows along the way, I've observed and talked to others, I have read lots books by and about artists who inspired me (and I'm giving you the list of these books on this course!) and I started projects of which some would be successful and some would miserably fail. If you listen to yourself, if you are patient and focused, then you will work out these things yourself too. But I know that it's going to take you a lot of time, effort and an occasional moment when you doubt everything. I want you to skip that part, I want you to have the tools to find the balance in much less time. I want you to get to the bit that you'll love, before you get discouraged for good.
I've learnt that a daily art practice, if done right, is a game changer.
- You want to develop your own style? -> practise art daily
- You want to master a certain technique or a process? -> practise art daily
- You want to be a better artist -> practice art daily
- You want to gain confidence to show your art to others? -> practice art daily
- You want to say proudly "I'm an artist?" -> practice art daily
- You want to lead more creative life? -> practice art daily
- You want to become an instructor? -> practice art daily
- You want others to notice you? -> practice art daily (and let people know)
...and much more.
Together with my husband Jamie I am a founder of Everything Art. Capturing the moments and sensations is everything to me - my language is art. I paint, collage and art journal to figure out my past, my present and future. I scribble, spill, tear, paint and write to let the emotions out. I ask questions and work out my answers through colour, texture, patterns and dynamic connections between contradictions. I'm allowing myself to put together rough and smooth, bold and subtle, quiet and noisy. I teach mixed-media in-person and online since 2011 and everyday I'm grateful for this opportunity to have my dream job.